Do you want to work for an iconic niche brand with an enviable history of stunning products and sales success?
Our client market a highly regarded brand of premium quality wool and nylon carpets with a unique styling to transform any living space. The brand sits in the ‘designer’ product category and leads through colour and design.
It provides quality, choice and availability to Retailers, Designers & Contractors across the UK. This is all underpinned by an in-house distribution fleet, enabling first-class customer service and responsive delivery.
About the Role:
We are looking for a National Sales Manager to take on this well-established brand and drive sales through a network of Sales Agents.
You will inherit a significant customer base of Independent Retailers, Designers and Contractors and the goodwill and relationships enjoyed by the brand. Whilst our clients have a strong and enviable reputation in the market today – there’s no room for complacency. The goal is to grow business with new and existing customers.
As retail and market trends evolve, your role will be to keep at the forefront of those – spotting and leveraging opportunities to grow sales with existing products and customers; and proactively creating openings to list new products and bring new customers on board.
You will need to leverage your commerciality, customer relationship building skills, tenacity and drive to build and grow the business.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Managing a team of c10 Agents to achieve sales revenue and margin targets.
• Building relationships with new and existing customers; advising and influencing them to grow sales.
• Cleverly utilising sampling and displays to introduce customers to new products and ranges and drive incremental sales.
• Ensure the team work with parameters of company price lists and terms and conditions. Manage and maintain customer specific price files.
• Personally managing a selection of key accounts.
• Managing Aged Stock of products.
• Submitting weekly and/or monthly reports as required.
• Report back on any competitor activity that may affect the brand and the wider company.
• Maintaining regular communication with line manager and other departments as required, ie Product & Innovation, Marketing, Supply Chain.
• Ensuring timely delivery of any customer complaints to customer service department.
We’re looking for a sales professional who shares a passion for the floor covering sector; its products and trends. You’ll need to have the tenacity, enthusiasm and can-do attitude to take this amazing brand and build both excitement and commitment amongst customers.
Being out on the road means you’ll need to be self-reliant and self-motivated, but we’d like you to be a great team player too! Our clients have a strong team ethos and encourage all colleagues to work together to provide the best experience for their customers.
In particular you’ll bring:
• Sales Management experience, preferably with a history of working with Sales Agents.
• Previous experience within the UK flooring industry, in the field sales sector.
• Individual sales success – in a retail, wholesale or other customer-facing role.
• A skill set for coaching and training others.
• An impressive track record of driving sales via a consultative-selling approach.
• Strong organisation skills and experience of working with CRM or similar systems.
• A strong work ethic and a passion for exploring new opportunities to build business.
• Strong numerical reasoning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable commercial understanding.
• Competent Microsoft skills.
• A full, clean Driving Licence.
TO APPLY – YOU MUST BE ELGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.