Our client is a highly regarded designer brand of premium, natural carpets with a unique styling to transform any living space.
They provide quality, choice and availability to Independent Retailers, Interior Designers & Contractors across the UK. This is all underpinned by an in-house distribution fleet, a dedicated product development team, showrooms and a progressive marketing and digital strategy.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager to take on the already well-established area of London.
You will inherit a significant customer base of Independent Retailers and Interior Designers as well as substantial capacity to expand into the commercial sector. Whilst our client has a strong and enviable brand they need to keep evolving to remain leaders in the design community.
Your role will be to identify new and existing customers’ potential and leveraging opportunities to grow sales with existing products. You will launch our new ranges into retailers and specifiers alike by creating and delivering a market leading presentation using their detailed sales decks.
You will work seamlessly with the London Showrooms to further embed the brand into the Architect and Design community.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Managing your area to deliver sales revenue targets.
• Building relationships with new and existing customers; advising and influencing them to grow sales.
• Cleverly utilising sales decks to deliver market leading presentations introducing customers to new products and ranges.
• Utilizing and upkeeping point of sale and sampling.
• Managing customer pricing quotations and terms to protect margins while driving sales forward.
• Creating brand awareness within the Architect and Design Community.
• Seeking out and winning strong opportunities and working seamlessly with the specification teams.
• Working with the London Showrooms to deliver events and ultimately push brand awareness.
• Report back on any relevant competitor activity.
• Maintaining regular communication with line manager and other departments as required.
• Ensuring timely delivery of any customer complaints to customer service department.
We’re looking for a sales professional who shares a passion for the designer floor covering sector; its products and trends. You’ll need to have the tenacity, enthusiasm and can-do attitude to take this amazing brand and build both excitement and commitment amongst existing and new customers.
Being out on the road means you’ll need to be self-reliant and self-motivated, but we’d like you to be a great team player too! There is a strong team ethos and all colleagues are encouraged to work together to provide the best experience for customers.
In particular you’ll bring:
• External sales experience with a history of working to targets.
• Previous experience within the UK flooring industry.
• Individual sales success – in a retail, wholesale or other customer-facing role.
• Considerable experience working with Interior Designers, specifiers and Architects. With the ability to organise and host events from London based showrooms.
• Flexibility to operate from London based showrooms as and when required.
• A premium brand mindset with an interest in designer products and brand loyalty.
• Strong organisation skills and experience of working with CRM or similar systems.
• A strong work ethic and a passion for exploring new opportunities to build business.
• Strong numerical reasoning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A full, clean Driving Licence.
TO APPLY – YOU MUST BE ELGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK.